Sunday, September 20, 2009

The Fireswamp


This physical world seems so real to me.
Unless you'd bend the rules of this physical world...
I can't see You.
I'm unable to physically hear You.
I've not felt your arms around me... do You even have traditional arms?
Yet... I can't shake this feeling of wanting to experience You, though it seems impossible.

"The Fireswamp... we'll never survive" - Buttercup
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has" - Wesley

I've realized something tonight. Just because I haven't experienced God in these very real ways doesn't mean it's not possible for me to experience Him in a deeper reality that what I've already known. It just means I've got to decide how much I really want to know Him... because venturing off into the unknown takes guts and is seldom an easy stroll.

(They survived the Fireswamp and lived happily ever after.)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

i heart princess bride and your revelations about it...