Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday morning inspiration

What am I doing.

Last night I was watching P.Diddy's Starmaker. One contestant who was battling obesity told Diddy the previous week that he'd work out and get serious. He only worked out a couple of times - he said he tried. When Diddy heard this he was irritated and basically said to the guy that he has this amazing opportunity, but is he really willing to fight for it and give it his all - because he hadn't the past week. He told the guy it wasn't about trying - it was about a change in lifestyle.

That got me thinking to my own situation. I came back home to 1/finish my degree, 2/work and save up money, 3/work on my music, voice and piano skills. Let's see my progress in the past 2 months:

1. Definitely doing well in my class and loving it.
2. Saved up a considerable amount, but have also spent quite a bit. I'd most likely have about $300 more in my bank account if I didn't spend it on the little day-to-day things. Gotta stop.
3. Music. I've been working on it, but I haven't been fighting for it. I'll let myself research fashion trends online, watch pointless reality shows on tv and do whatever else grabs my attention for the moment instead of wrangling my mind to focus and concentrate on what's important to me. Gotta do it.

Not to mention the little things I wanted to do like: sharpen up my Italian, read my Music Business books, take vocal lessons...

So, today's Monday - a new day, a new week and a new month starts this week. Time to implement a "change in lifestyle"..... thanks Diddy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

3. Rock it

You have the Rocky collection; you know what to do. Wake up early, drink your eggs and chase your dream with all you got!

"If you dream your lifestyle, your lifestyle will become your dream"